Sugar-Free, THM-S, Keto
Fat Burning Chocolate???
“Excuse me? Did I hear you right? Chocolate that burns fat?” Yes…There is such a thing!!! These bad boys rev up the fat burning mode of your body, yet are decadent and delicious!
There is just something beautiful that happens when you mix dark chocolate, cream, shredded coconut and almonds!
- Very Nutritious. …
- Powerful Source of Antioxidants. …
- May Improve Blood Flow and Lower Blood Pressure. …
- Raises HDL and Protects LDL From Oxidation. …
- May Reduce Heart Disease Risk. …
- May Protect Your Skin From the Sun. …
- Could Improve Brain Function.
In addition, when you mix dark chocolate with MCT oil, it only increases the fat burning mode in your body…
-Coconut oil is 55% MCTs, while MCT oil is made 100% of MCTs. Furthermore, coconut oil contains all 4 medium-chain fatty acids, including large quantities of lauric acid, the least efficient MCT. MCT oil only uses the two most efficient MCTs for energy: caprylic and capric acid. (perfectketo.com)
-Many ketogenic diet and MCT oil spokespeople say that MCT’s energy sustaining powers can be explained as follows: when MCT oil is metabolized in the body, it behaves more like a carbohydrate than a fat. Remember that the fuel of preference for the body is carbohydrate. Unlike other fats, MCT oil does not go through the lymphatic system. Instead, it is transported directly to the liver where it is metabolized so it releases energy like a carbohydrate and creates lots of ketones (which
an be used for fuel) in the process. (bodybuilding.com)
These little chocolates are sure to impress! Satisfy those sweet and salty cravings with no guilt!
I don’t know about you, but when I am busy (which is all the time), it is often hard for me to resist little snacks or treats when I am out and about. I have found that it is easy to just throw some treats together like once a week, and then have them readily available to just put in a little Tupperware or baggie, making it easy to take them on the go.
Cookies, bars, candies and muffins are easy to transport, thus making it easy to have grab and go treats! It also makes it so much easier to resist the yucky stuff and stay “on plan”.
These yummies are so creamy and irresisitable.
The secret to resisting those candies and treats in the stores??? Just prepare for those sweet cravings and make your own treats ahead of time! You have nothing to feel guilty about when the treats you are eating are healthy and good for you!
I know you must be “rummaging through” through your cupboards right now, in your mind. Am I right? But don’t worry! This recipe is so easy and delicious, why wouldn’t you try them?
Without further delay, here is the recipe!
Yields 24 chocolates
Serves 3 chocolates
A delicious way to eat chocolate, while getting the nutritious fats your body needs! Also a great on-the-go snack!
5 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 package (4oz) of unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp vanilla
- dash of salt
- 1/8 cup MCT oil
- 2 tbs pyure sweetener
- 1/2 fine ground erythritol (or sweetener of choice)
- 1 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup of raw almonds
- "!"In a medium pan:
- Add water. bring to soft boil.
- "!" In a medium bowl:
- Place the medium bowl on top of the medium pan of water. (This will allow the chocolate to not burn.)
- Add in the Chocolate bar (add in small pieces at a time)
- With a whisk, mix continuously, until melted.
- Add in MCT oil and continue mixing.
- Add Heavy whipping cream slowly, and mix continuously. (this part is important because the chocolate can curdle easily if you add in cold cream too fast)
- While mixing, add in the remaining ingredients.
- Once the chocolate is melted and creamy, turn heat off and continue whisk occasionally.
- Pour melted chocolate into small baking cups.
- Add two to three almonds per cup.
- Sprinkle tops with desired amount of shredded coconut.
- Place in fridge until firm.