THM-E, Low Fat
Good Ole Fashioned Chicken Soup
On a cold winter night there is just nothing better than a hot bowl of chicken soup! A good ole fashioned chicken soup is a basic necessity to know how to cook. The reason why, is because soup is so hard to mess up.
This recipe came as another one of my “throw it all together and hope for the best” kinds of recipes. It really did come out great! The savory chicken broth and veggies with big chunks of chicken, make it the perfect bowl of “comfort”.
I think the best flavor this soup has is the garlic salt. It gives it just the right amount of saltiness, but with a hint of garlic.
I serve this soup with my Spelt Rolls (https://zhealthyhousewife.com/2018/03/14/zs-spelt-rolls/).
Soup and homemade rolls…what’s not to love?
So, we’ll keep it short and sweet today, and get right to the recipe! Enjoy!
God Bless! -Z
THM-E, Low-fat. A delicious and hearty traditional soup!
10 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 2 lbs diced chicken breast
- 1 onion
- 3 medium carrots
- 6 celery stalks
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 3 red potatoes
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 tsp course ground pepper
- 2 tbs garlic salt
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- In large stock pot or dutch oven:
- Sauté butter and onions until soft.
- Add in carrots and celery. Cook for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in broth and seasonings. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add in diced uncooked chicken (it will boil and cook in the broth).
- Cook for another 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.