Sugar-Free, THM-S, Keto
Dessert for Breakfast
I have to admit that I have had this delicious amazingness for breakfast a time or two!
I mean, come on! Who WOULDN’T eat this for breakfast? The amazing part is, it is sugar-free, chock full of berries and actually has flax meal in the crust…so yea…healthy cheesecake for the win!
There are no carbs in this sucker (hence, the THM-S and Keto label), so you know that when you eat this beautiful dessert, you are only burning one fuel (fat). And, because of the lack of processed sugar, your insulin levels will not be spiked. Perfect for diabetics!
Hello breakfast, lunch or dinner!
It really is almost too pretty to eat! ALMOST.
My husband actually treats this dessert like gold! He will savor it for a couple days (which is a long time for him to keep his favorite foods without eating them), hiding it away from the kids, and sneaking a slice whenever he can. I think my cheesecakes are one of his favorite things I make.
Did you know that berries are actually really good for you? Heck yea! Here are stat on some of my favorite berries:
Neeedless to say..this cheesecake is not only nutritious for you, but it is absolutely delicious! It is a favorite around here, and I would love to share the “love” with y’all!
So, pull up a chair and a good napkin, and let me share this beauty with you! Hope you enjoy it as much as my husband does! 😉
Sugar-Free, THM-S, Keto
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 stick melted butter
- 1/8 cup flax meal seed (optional)
- 1/2 cup gentle sweet (or favorite sugar-free sweetener)
- 2 Tbs brown sugar substitute (or 1 tsp molasses)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 8 oz. blocks of cream cheese (softened)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup gentle sweet
- 1 tbs super sweet
- 3 cups frozen berries (I use blackberries, blueberries and raspberries)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 gentle sweet
- 2 tsp xantham gum
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- place all the crust ingredients in a bowl and mix together until crumbly
- put all crust ingredients into a greased springform pan
- flatten down to make the crust firm
- bake for 10 minutes or until edges are golden
- let cool completely
- Whip the heavy cream in a stand mixer
- Add vanilla
- Once cream is thick, add in the softened cream cheese and sweeteners
- Mix until creamy
- Add to the cooled crust and use spatula to smooth
- place in freezer for at least an hour
- ---Berry Topping----
- About 30 minutes before you are ready to serve the cheesecake, place the berries and water into a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer on medium high
- Allow berries to simmer in the water
- Add in the vanilla, pinch of salt and gentle sweet
- Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring regularly
- once the sauce is dark and sweet, turn the heat to low and add in the xantham gum.
- Stir until resolved
- Let berry sauce cool
- Add to cheesecake
- Serve with whipped cream or alone