When I first started seeing all these “bowls”, I have to admit that I was like, “wha???, That’s basically a spoonable smoothie, right?”. I couldn’t understand why you needed to have a bowl of something that you could drink. But, alas, after I made my first “bowl”, I was hooked!
These bowls are for when you are tired of having a smoothie or protein shake every day, and you just want something that you can top with yummy stuff and be able to eat with a spoon. There is a difference between a smoothie and a smoothie bowl, you know!
Enter the “bowl”.
A thick and creamy bowl of yum that you can top with all sorts of random healthy things, and then use a spoon to eat it with!
On this bowl, I topped it with shredded unsweetened coconut, chia seeds and flax seeds. I also used a strawberry, but that was more for prettiness. 🙂
The great thing about bowls is, the possibilities are endless! You pretty much cannot “mess up” a bowl. You can add so much to these and blend them to the creamy consistency, and as long as you like it, then you’re good to go!
Look at all that thick and creamy splendor!
I put the “S” in Superfood
The reason why I called it my “superfood bowl”, is because this sucker is jam-packed with…you guessed it…superfood stuff!
- Baobab powder (thank you THM 😉
- Protein powder
Those ingredients are sure to put some “hair on your chest”. I don’t mean that quite literally (I guess I am just in a sarcastic mood). I just mean that those ingredients are sooo good for you, and you are bound to feel better after eating this!
So, without further adieu, here is this amazingly simple and yummy recipe! Go play, and see what kind of “bowl” you can create!
- 1 cup frozen berries
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 scoop collagen
- 1 scoop vanilla (or plain) protein powder (watch the sugar content in yours!)
- 1 tbs baobab powder (optional, but recommended)
- 1 cup kale
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 2 tbs gentle sweet
- 1 tsp super sweet
- 1/8 tsp Glucommanon
- Place all ingredients in high powered blender
- Blend on low, until combined, for 10 seconds
- Blend on highest speed for 40 seconds, or until the mix is thick and creamy
- If the consistency is not thick and creamy, you may need to add a few ice cubes
- Serve in bowl and top with yummy stuff!