THM-S, Keto, Low Carb
“I’ll have some sour cream, with a side of chili…”
This chili is an adaption of my Texas Chili (check out my recipe page). I love my Texas Chili, but it is a THM-E meal. I wanted a chili that I could load up with cheese and sour cream! I like to say that “I’ll have some sour cream with a side of chili.” This is the ticket!
Look at all that beautiful sour cream on there! And totally on plan!!!
I’m pretty sure that I could eat chili every night of the week and not be bored. In fact, I used to eat chili almost every night. Before marriage and before kids. I was a lot “plumper” then…but boy, was I happy :).
Chili Every Night!
You see, I used to live in a little 17 foot trailer. I was a property manager for a 444 acre property. I lived alone, had no one to cook for or take care of, and could eat whatever I wanted. I chose chili! You can bet that I ate chili almost every night! Sometimes I’d get really “fancy” and add in ham! Of course, the different kinds of chili that I ate were not healthy at all. They were the “canned variety”. I didn’t know how to cook very well back then, but I still loved to eat chili.
I think that is why, in my “older and wiser years” that I wanted so badly to make a healthy version of chili. When I created my Texas chili, I served it to a lot of people, and it quickly became one of my most requested recipes.
But again, if I wanted to splurge and have cheese, sour cream or my PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES >(https://wp.me/p9tfnp-9u) after, I couldn’t. Too many carbs in my original Texas Chili. Hence, the creation of this beefy and yummy S recipe!
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! I don’t eat chili every night anymore, and I dare say that I’m not as “plump” as I used to be, but I sure do like to enjoy a bowl or two of this healthy and delicious chili every now and again!
No more waiting…Here is a hearty and delicious chili that is simple and easy to make!
Yields 8-10 people
A hearty and delicious low-carb chili. Sure to impress even the pickiest eaters!
5 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 4 tbs butter
- 4 tbs minced garlic
- 1 onion
- 3 lbs ground beef
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream (plus more for topping)
- 4 roma tomatoes
- 4 stalks celery
- 1 8 oz can of tomato sauce
- 1 6 oz can of tomato paste
- 1 7 oz can of mild diced green chilis
- 1 can black beans
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tbs xantham gum
- 2 tbs cumin
- 3-4 tbs chili powder (I like the New Mexico chili powder)
- 1 tbs salt
- Melt butter in stock pan or dutch oven on the stove
- Add minced garlic and onion (cook until tender)
- Add in meat and cook until no longer pink ( I like to salt and pepper my meat while it's cooking)
- Once meat is cooked, add in chicken broth and canned items.
- Add in seasonings and spices (except xantham gum)
- Cook on medium hight for about 20-30 minutes. The longer you simmer, the better the flavor.
- When you are about 5 minutes from serving, take out about 2-3 cups of the broth and add the xantham gum. Whisk together to thicken. Add back into the chili.
- Serve with lots of cheese, sour cream, cilantro, green onions, chips or whatever meets your fancy!