Sugar-free, gluten-free, THM-S, Keto
These cookies are divine! Absolute chocolate perfection! Remember how I posted a couple of weeks ago how much I love cookies? I do. And these just make me want to eat cookies for every meal! And the great part? No guilt! No sugar and no gluten! They are just a mouthful of chocolate bliss!
My second child, Justus does not prefer chocolate. I asked him to help me take some pictures and to taste test my recipe, and he was hesitant. He was like, “mommy, do I have to?”. But, after he tasted them, he asked for more!
He said, “mommy’s chocolate cookies are the only chocolate I like!”.
He readily helped me with the rest of my photography and asked for more at the end. I had so much fun having him help me, and the pictures turned great with him as my little “cookie model”.
Finding Joy in the Little things
I have found that I absolutely love food photography, and I especially love writing! I think it is important as moms to find a hobby or something constructive that brings you joy.
Finding joy in the little things, like taking photos of food or my kids enjoying the food I make…that’s just priceless.
I encourage you to find your “niche”. Find something that inspires you, and do it! I’m sure I will be writing a post on this subject soon, and there I can ramble and rant about how important finding hobbies for yourself can be.
Seeing these little faces light up after sinking their teeth into something delicious can be one of the highlights of my day. Capturing these faces is even better, because I can keep the memory alive.
Back to the Recipe
You can make these cookies plain chocolate chip cookies, if you prefer. Just take the cocoa powder out. They have the same taste, just less chocolatey. these cookies are super easy to make, and I have found that whipping them together in the stand mixer takes only a couple of minutes. Then I just put the whole stand mixer bowl in the fridge to firm up, and go about my house chores. By the time I do a load of laundry and help the kids with school, they are ready to throw on a cookie sheet and bake!
They come out oh-so-gooey and perfect! After you allow them to cool, they firm up and get the perfect texture!
Now that your mouth is watering, maybe you need to go make some!
Here is the recipe! Enjoy! -Z
Yields 22 cookies
A delicious mouthful of chocolatey goodness! Great for on-the-go protein-packed snack!
10 minPrep Time
12 minCook Time
22 minTotal Time
- 2 sticks of butter
- 3 eggs
- 2 scoops (approx. 1/4 c.) vanilla protein powder
- 1 cup sweetener (I used truvia-not the baking blend, and erythritol)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups almsond flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 8 oz. bag of sugar-free chocolate chips (I used Hershey's)
- In a stand mixer:
- Add softened butter-Mix until creamy
- Add sweetener-mix until fluffy
- Add vanilla and mix more
- Add protein powder, cocoa and salt
- Add in almond flour and mix until evenly mixed
- When all is mixed, add in chocolate chips and mix for only about 20 seconds until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Stick the mixing bowl full of cookie dough in the fridge for 20-40 minutes until cold
- Take out of fridge and form into balls about 1 1/2 inches in diameter
- Put on uncreased baking sheet.
- Flatten with the palm of your hands, just slightly
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes
- Let cool before handling.